Thursday, April 8, 2010

True Story: M.A.R.T.I.N.A N.A.V.R.AT.I.L.O.V.A.


In honor of one of the few sports figures I actually know, I want to send best wishes to dyketacular Martina Navratilova who is currently battling breast cancer.

Here's a youtube  link to "Phabulous Pholk singer Phranc" singing her short and delightful song "M.A.R.T.I.N.A." It'll make you laugh, I swear.

Personal aside. Phranc attended a PFLAG conference in SF about 15 years ago where I (along with my family) bumped into her and her parents at a little Dim Sum restaurant in Chinatown.  They were charming and my first thought was, "Oh, Phranc is Jewish!"

A wise man once said, "The Jews know two things: suffering and where to find good Chinese food."

(Public Domain image of Dim Sum via Wikipedia)

(Update: I went out into teh internets and found Phranc's marvelous website "The Cardboard Cobbler." She's got some super funny stuff there. I think I'll post a permanent link here. Whadya think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but if you're going to be a jerk, I'll delete your ass.

'Kay?