Tuesday, August 10, 2010

News From the American Bar Association


(Law is sexy. Today in Judicial garb: William Cushing wearing the latest in Supreme Court fashion sometime between 1789 and 1810.)

 I've had a link to Chris Geidner's Law Dork over on my side bar since soon after I started blogging, for those of you who love in-depth legal commentary on vital issues. I'd like to let you know that from now on you can find Chris Geidner's wisdom and insight over at Metro Weekly's blog Poliglot.

It is from Chris's new site I learned the American Bar Association has come out with the following policy:

"RESOLVED, That the American Bar Association urges state, territorial, and tribal governments to eliminate all of their legal barriers to civil marriage between two persons of the same sex who are otherwise eligible to marry."

I believe the President of the United States is a member of this organization. I wonder if he's interested in this new policy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but if you're going to be a jerk, I'll delete your ass.

'Kay?