Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dinner With Chandra And JR



I felt the need for a light, summer meal last night so I went ahead and sauteed some shrimp in olive oil and butter with shallots and grape tomatoes. Toward the end I deglazed the pan with stock and dry vermouth, swirled in a tablespoon of cornstarch slurry and finished with a few tablespoons of heavy cream and fresh minced parsley.

Then on to dessert.


In keeping with the theme of light, summer loveliness we finished the meal with mixed, fresh raspberry, blackberry and blueberry cups topped with Crème Chantilly. It only took about two minutes to whip fresh, heavy cream by hand in my favorite copper bowl, finished with a touch of sugar, a splash of pure vanilla and garnished with a single mint leaf.

The conversation was lovely. I reconnected with one of my oldest, dearest friends while Dr. Snickerdoodle and I made a whole new friend in the bargain.

(Confidential to the Crazed Quilter: Lunch/coffee next week my dear?)

1 comment:

  1. The food was truly to die for and the conversation and company was heavenly. Yum!

    Yes, next week is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome, but if you're going to be a jerk, I'll delete your ass.

'Kay?