(Recently Deceased Senator Byrd meeting with hip, hip man-about-town, President Gerald Ford.)
- AP has aggregated some testimonials to recently deceased former Klansman, Senator Robert Byrd. In later life the now dead Senator came to regret his virulent opposition to civil rights in the 60's and his membership in the Klan. So I guess that makes it all OK?
- Elena Kagan's Senate confirmation hearings begin today.
- Iceland's Prime Minister weds her wife on that nation's first day of marriage equality. They converted their partnership into a marriage so no ceremony was held. This is an outrage! No cake?
- Fabulous screaming, shouting, celebration for 41st New York Pride over the weekend.
- I guess you can still vote in the Freedom to Marry Blog contest, even though the whole thing is supposed to be over. Perhaps we'll find out soon whether my incessant whining paid off?