Saturday, July 3, 2010

News 7/03/10


( "OK fine, we'll call him 'His Majesty, the King' rather than 'that putz.'")

  • Even though the Flaming Chef did not win the Freedom to Marry blog contest I would like to thank you all for your well wishes, votes and support. I think I owe you all a drink, don't I? Congratulations to Natsha Dillon, Zack Ford and Zack Rosen.




  • On this weekend when we celebrate what a jerk King George III was, let's all remember the things that matter: Meat! Booze! and some other third thing!

2 comments:

  1. I voted for you a bunch of times, not just because I had found your blog via Savage Love from one of your comments, but because I really loved your story, it was the most personal of all the entries, and I could just see the big, burly construction worker getting all teary and giving you marriage advice! Canada is a great place to live, and I'm so glad you were able to get married here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sarah:

    Thank you so much for your support and letting me know how much you enjoyed my story.

    It means a great deal to me.

    "Oh, Canada" has special meaning for me, for many reasons. It was the very first story I wrote back in '06 when I knew I had to get back into writing. The story "The Flaming Chef" may be the one where I got my name, but "Oh, Canada" is the piece where I first got back to the page.

    Drop me a line any time you feel like chatting. I love my neighbors to the north...

    All my best wishes,

    Jason

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome, but if you're going to be a jerk, I'll delete your ass.

'Kay?