Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Flaming Chef Needs Your Help



OK Flamers, the Chef needs your help.

Go to Freedom To Marry's Blog for Equality Contest page and vote for me, Jason Zenobia. Do it now while I wait here sipping my coffee.

(sip) Aah. That's good coffee...

Done? OK, good. The Flaming Chef is one of ten finalists and three of us Equality Bloggers will be chosen to attend the Netroots Nation Conference in Las Vegas.

Now, here's the tricky part: If you haven't voted, I need you to vote now and if you've already voted, I need you to vote again.  That's right, vote again. Not once, not twice, but once a day - every 24 hours until and including the 25th. That's 10 more days of voting and every, single vote counts.
I've set my phone to ring at me every day at 1:35 from now until the 25th to make sure I don't forget.


And if you haven't already done so, head over to the Freedom to Marry site and consider helping them out with a financial contribution. It's the big, red button on the upper right-hand side of the page. They've been tireless in their efforts to bring the truth of the Prop 8 Trial to the general public, even as anti-equality forces have fought to keep the whole process in the dark.

For the price of a prune Danish and a twelve-ounce mocha (with a shot of hazelnut syrup) you could help out Freedom to Marry - and we need your help as tens of thousands of families still aren't recognized by the states we live in or by the federal government.

My family, in fact.

We're fighting over whether or not we exist, and we need the help of everyone who cares about justice.

1 comment:

  1. Jason Congratulations and Good Luck with this contest. Great! Charles

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome, but if you're going to be a jerk, I'll delete your ass.

'Kay?