Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Little Word: Marriage. Isn't That Special?


 (The Church Lady is the property of NBC or Lorne Michaels or Dana Carvey or something like that. Go watch NBC right now or purchase a DVD of the Best of Saturday Night Live to make up for my wickedness in posting this picture. Beats me where it came from. I have a lot of crap on my hard drive, OK.)

Thank you all for the outpouring of support for The Flaming Chef in my quest to share the importance of marriage equality with the whole, damn world.

Just chatting with a cousin of mine today about the irony of so many religious conservatives getting bent out of shape about gay marriage.  This dynamic is particularly galling when you consider the fact that our struggle for marriage equality is about changing civil law, not about changing anyone's religion.

Believe what you want.

I'm looking for equality under the law. Not under your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but if you're going to be a jerk, I'll delete your ass.

'Kay?