("I just had to wear a tight uniform and make eyes at Anne Francis. I was pretty thin back then," said Leslie Nielson of his role in the 1956 technicolor, cinemascope, sci-fi goodie Forbidden Planet. ...and don't call me Shirley!)
- The Federal suit fighting Arizona's new law against brown people who don't talk good English is based on the fact that states have no jurisdiction over immigration. U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder chatted about that and other vital things on telly yesterday.
- "Yer fired." CNN cans senior middle east editor after she tweets praise for one of the founders of Hezbollah.
- Opposition lobs a few (figurative) hand grenades at Elena Kagan as her confirmation vote looms.
- Why didn't they just ask: "How do you feel about c*cksucking soldiers sharing your dorm?" SLDN reacts strongly to DADT troop survey seemingly designed to "stoke the fires of homophobia."
- I guess we'll have to get those "other mice" to make Cinderella's dress. Scientists create lesbian mice for some reason. (Hat tip to Dr. Snickerdoodle.)
- Super, happy birthday wishes to Schep, I mean Jim. Hug and a kiss for you - and don't call me Shirley!