(Lady Bird Johnson could probably kick your ass if she wanted to.)
- Judge Walker has permanently enjoined enforcement of Prop 8 as an unconstitutional violation of equal protection and due process. But we still have to wait until at least August 18th to allow opposition time to appeal to the 9th Circuit.
- Eat, Pray, Love, Testify Before Congress. Elizabeth Gilbert heads to Washington to speak out for immigration reform on behalf of gay families. (via Huffpo) Says Gilbert:
"My citizenship is not a courtesy that is offered to me by my government," Gilbert said. "It is my birthright. It is my right as an American citizen. And my rights are not something that are offered to me out of politeness or friendliness by the United States government."
- Terrible mudslides continue in China. 1,100 dead, more than 10,000 trapped.
- Pakistani flood survivors' lives at risk from water-born disease.
- Morality expert on leave from Harvard as problems with his research are uncovered.
- Dan Rostenkowski has died at age 82.