("What's so special about the cheese makers?"
"I can't hear a thing. C'mon, let's go to the stoning.")
- Richard Just, Executive Editor of the New Republic has written an excellent opinion piece about Obama's contradictory and disgraceful stance on Marriage Equality. He "is already leading on gay marriage; he is just leading in the wrong direction." (Via ABC News.)
- Archbishop Timothy Dolan wants you to know that some hate crimes make "God sad" while other hate crimes are just fine. (The Catholic Church is always good for a chuckle.)
- Protesters of Muslim community center: "Religious tolerance is all about tolerating the many different ways we have of worshiping Jesus Christ." Fear and hatred of Muslims is still a popular pass time.
- Australians try to figure out who will form new government. Financial markets wobble amidst uncertainty.
- Quarter of a million Chinese evacuated from area near border with North Korea as Yalu river swells past the friendly stage.
- Thirty-three Chilean miners trapped for seventeen days are alive and well. May be out by Christmas. (What are they doing to keep from going crazy down there?)