(Photo of all around kick ass singer and civil rights maven Nina Simone by Roland Godefroy)
- Homophobic Putz loses bid for Governor of Florida. Bill McCollum is the hatenozzle who paid George "long stroke" Rekers over $100,000 to testify in court to keep gay adoption illegal. (Via Joe My God.) McCollum's loss in the GOP primary means the Democratic candidate will go toe-to-toe with some other hate-filled scuzzwad.
- John "Where's my Gin!?" McCain defeats JD Hayworth in Arizona. Lisa Murkowski and Tea Party candidate Joe Miller still too close to call in Alaska. Nate Silver did some super live blogging last night covering the primaries. He will certainly have up-to-date coverage and analysis this morning.
- Carlos A. Ball over at Huffpo: "Without factual support for their arguments, it is becoming less and less tenable for opponents of same-sex marriage to argue that their positions are not influenced by a dislike of gay people and their intimate relationships." His whole essay is worth reading and, for the record, I still think Jonathan Rauch is wrongedy-wrong-wrong.
- Wyoming couple brings federal suit against that state's law barring marriage equality. Good luck guys.
- Ball Memorial hospital to begin training staff about how not to be a bunch of trans phobic dicks.
- Jimmy Carter arrives in North Korea to chat with the bat-shit crazy ruler of that desperate, starving, totally nuts nation.