(Your morning purgative: A big, ugly sack of Karl Rove.)
- Joe My God has an excellent refresher course on newly out, former chair of the Republican National Committee and manager of Dubya's homophobic 2004 reelection campaign: Ken Mehlman, who is trying to make amends for the 21 states that passed marriage amendments during his tenure. I'm really glad Mehlman wants to make amends, I'm just saying it's going to be a really heavy lift. Oh, and he still supports all sorts of anti-gay republican candidates. Mehlman also thinks gays should unite with the GOP in a shared hatred of Muslims. I think I'll pass on that...
- In related news: NY cab driver Ahmed Sharif is recovering from the knife attack that left him with slashes across his neck and face.
- Sarah Palin and Tea Party favorite Joe Miller leads Lisa Murkowski as Alaska senate race comes down to the last few thousand votes.
- With Jimmy Carter knocking on the front door, North Korean leader Kim Jong Il slips out the back.
- Getting those Chilean miners out of the ground is going to be a long, slow, dangerous process. Good luck and best wishes to the whole team and the waiting families.