("Get off of my lawn!" Won't you help the crustiest crank in the senate keep his seat? We're rootin' for ya Johnny!)
- California lawmakers pass bipartisan resolution asking Congress and the President to repeal the so-called Defense of Marriage Act.
- Chilean miners survived for seventeen days on rations meant for 48 hours. Rescuers are sending emergency nutrition, oxygen and toothbrushes.
- Pakistani flooding has destroyed over four million acres of crop land and only a tenth of those affected are receiving aid. Prime minister and legislators not doing so well in public opinion. Military getting some good press.
- Capitalism thrives in China, where they've invented the world's largest traffic jam. Villagers selling expensive food and water to stranded motorists.
- Establishment Republican John McCain may be righty-tighty enough to win primary fight against JD Hayworth. But is McCain teabaggy enough? Primary voting is today.