Friday, April 2, 2010

Morning News 4/02/10


Just Kidding! Or is it April Fool's? Secretary of the Army John McHugh said that gay soldiers he spoke to about being gay under DADT may actually be fired for talking with him openly about their sexuality.

Congratulations! Texas grants lesbian couple the state's first gay divorce. Seriously, best wishes to the separating couple and their young son. Sorry you have to fight so hard for something that most everyone else does without getting the feds involved.

Naive, irritating and shallow analysis from (gasp!) a philosophy major from Princeton about how we shouldn't queer the census. Quick aside to Brendan: Your statement, "LGBT persons are already counted, just not as LGBT persons..." is probably the funniest thing I've ever read. Really, I think I peed a little when I got to that.

Dark v. Milk Chocolate debate on Facebook has so far yielded: 3 prefer Milk, 2 prefer Dark and one person thinks that each type of chocolate has its proper place. I think I'll set up an informal poll here and see if we can get a more statistically significant result.

Perhaps we can combine the Chef's love of chocolate and shirtless/naked men in a future poll?

(Photo of Dark Chocolate Truffle from Oswego Tea.)

1 comment:

  1. The chocolate question is complicated. I'd rather have good quality milk chocolate than, for instance, Hershey's Special Dark, which is anything but special. If choosing from milk and dark of equal standing, I'll go for the dark. If it's sub-par chocolate, I simply won't eat it at all. That's how bad a chocolate snob I've become!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome, but if you're going to be a jerk, I'll delete your ass.

'Kay?