Thursday, May 27, 2010

DADT Update



Multiple news services report that the Senate Armed Services Committee has voted to end the morally unacceptable, bigoted, crappy legislation known as Don't Ask Don't Tell.

We still have to wait for the house vote and for the Pentagon to delay everything by scratching its big, stupid, homophobic skull.

I am not clear on the details of the comprise hammered out over the last few days, and I'm not entirely happy with it, but this is an important step in the right direction.

Yay.

(Photo of pink champagne bubbles by Gaeten Lee.)

1 comment:

  1. Why is this so hard to get - "I wanna fight for my country!' I say.

    Military response - Can you kill someone if you had to?

    I say - Yes.

    Military - Excellent. Are you gay?

    I say. Yes, if I have to.

    Military - Ooops. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome, but if you're going to be a jerk, I'll delete your ass.

'Kay?