Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Morning News 3/20/10

The Pope: Take a letter, Maria. The Irish group One in Four deeply disappointed, yet not surprised by the Pope's Letter to Catholics in Ireland, regarding the systematic cover up of child sex abuse in that country. I was almost pleased with part of the letter that read:

"In particular, there was a well-intentioned but misguided tendency to avoid penal approaches to canonically irregular situations."

However, the context of that statement implies that the real problem was the rapid rate of secular change in society and a "misinterpretation" of Vatican II.

I'm going to have to side with those who are disappointed with the Pope.


I wish I had a Youtube clip for this. Viacom is suing Google's Youtube because unsealed court documents suggest that Google may have been aware that they were profiting off of pirated material. Oh, here's a Youtube clip for this:



So many nice things we could have picked up cheap... Greece may not be going out of business just yet. But stay tuned.

Aside to all you people out there who crave a heroic pet story. Looking for such a story on Google News, I typed in "Dog saves..." and got a drop down menu including such juicy options as, "Dog saves boy/missing girl/owner/little girl/boy from cougar attack..." on and on. I was offered a veritable cornucopia of heroic dogs from which I could choose. But I wanted a cat story, so I typed in "Cat saves..."

zilch

So I'm going to have to make something up:

Heroic cat saves owner from heart attack by napping, encouraging master to follow her example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but if you're going to be a jerk, I'll delete your ass.

'Kay?